In some instances your GP may refer you for a specialist opinion via the Referral Support Service.
What happens now?
Potential steps may include:
- A local clinic appointment for a scan, test or simple procedure (for example heart monitors or ear wax removal).
- Your GP may have a conversation, either in person or electronically, with a Specialist. In some cases the Specialist can provide your GP with advice on treatment options or tests, and in other cases an appointment would be more suitable for you.
- If you need an appointment the hospital will write to you.
Not all request for Specialist opinion require you to visit hospital. The local NHS is committed to enabling easy communication between GPs and Specialists to ensure your care is provided closest to your home whenever possible.
For more information about referrals:
If you have a query about your referral, please call 01293 300270 every Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 16:00.
Self-refer for Physio
You can now self-refer to physio at Sussex MSK Partnership.
NHS e-Referral Tracking
If your doctor has referred you to a specialist for further care you will be asked to book your appointment using the ‘NHS e-Referral’ system.
You will receive an SMS from us within 2 weeks giving details of how to book your appointment and any passwords you may need.
To track your e-Referral you will need the following details to log into the e-Referral website:
- Your date of birth
- Reference number – this will be on the first page of your letter
- Password – this will be on the second page of your letter
To track an e-Referral, click here.